Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Wednesday, March 1 – Chapel, Ash Wednesday, 9:15 am
- Friday, March 3 – Grandparents’ Day, 12:30-3:30 pm (chapel at 2:30 pm)
- Saturday, March 4 – GALA auction and dinner, 6-10 pm @ Ritz Charles
- CLS Spirit Week, March 6-10
- Monday, March 6 – CLASH DAY / Molly Munyan presentation (Balloons and SE Asia) @ 2:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 7 – FAVORITE TEAM DAY / Talent Share, K-3rd grade @ 9 am; 4th-8th grade @ 1 pm
- Wednesday, March 8 – DRESS YOUR BEST DAY / T.I.M.E. event, 4th grade presents chapel @ 9:15 am
- Thursday, March 9 – PATRIOTIC DAY (RED, WHITE, AND BLUE) / Junior High Academic Bowl @ 2:15 pm
- Friday, March 10 – No school, end of 3rd quarter
- Monday, March 13 through Friday, March 17, No school (Spring Break)
- Wednesday, March 22 – Chapel, 2nd grade shares the message, 9:15 am
- Wednesday, March 29 – Muffins with Mom @ 7:30 am in the Commons Area; Chapel, Pastor Suttle shares the message, 9:15 am
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2016-17:
The basic theme is LOVE, HONOR, SERVE
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .