Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Wednesday, October 5 – Chapel led by Pastor Kunze at 9:15 am
- Saturday, October 8 – 5th/6th grade volleyball league tournament at Trinity Lutheran School in Atchison, KS
- Saturday, October 8 – Daddy/Daughter Dance from 6-8 pm in Commons Area (CLS)
- Wednesday, October 12 – Chapel led by Pastor Suttle at 9:15 am
- Friday, October 14 – No school, end of 1st quarter; Professional Day for CLS staff
- Saturday, October 15 – Mother/Son Event
- Tuesday, October 18 – K through 3rd grade field trip to Kaleidoscope
- Wednesday, October 19 – Chapel led by Jim Bradshaw at 9:15 am
- Wednesday, October 19 and Thursday, October 20 – Book Fair in the library
- Thursday, October 20 and Friday, October 21 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Saturday, October 22 – 7th/8th grade volleyball league tournament at Bethany Lutheran School in Overland Park, KS
- Wednesday, October 26 – Chapel led by 2nd grade at 9:15 am
- Friday, October 28 – Spirit Wear Day
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2016-17:
The basic theme is LOVE, HONOR, SERVE
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .