Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Thursday, February 1 – CYT Showcase in auditorium @ 2:30 pm
- Friday, February 2 – Pep Assembly @ 2:30 pm; Chess Club @ 3:30-4:30 pm
- Friday, February 2 through Sunday, February 4 – 5th/6th grade League Basketball Tournament in Atchison, KS
- Wednesday, February 7 – chapel led by Dr. Phillip Frusti from LeadAChild @ 9:15 am
- Thursday, February 8 – 8th grade Hot Dog Lunch; 7th/8th grade girls’ basketball league tournament game vs. Hope @ 7:30 pm
- Friday, February 9 – 7th/8th grade boys’ basketball league tournament game vs. Calvary @ 8:30 pm; 5th grade Field Trip to Nelson Atkins Museum
- Sunday, February 11 – 5th/6th grade girls’ basketball championship vs. St. Joe/St. Paul @ Bethany Lutheran, 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 13 – Valentine’s Box Parade @ 8:45 am; 5th/6th grade boys’ basketball championship game vs. Calvary @ Lutheran HS, 5:45 pm
- Wednesday, February 14 – Ash Wednesday Chapel @ 9:15 am
- Thursday, February 15 through Monday, February 19 – no school, Winter Break
- Friday, February 16 – Topeka Lutheran Basketball Tournament: 7th/8th grade girls vs. TLS @ 8 am and 7th/8th grade boys vs. TLS @ 9 am; 7th/8th grade girls semi-final vs. TBD @ 8 pm
- Saturday, February 17 – Topeka Lutheran Basketball Tournament: 7th/8th grade boys vs. TBD @ 8 am
- Tuesday, February 20 – Faculty Meeting, 4-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 21 – 6th grade Field Trip to Nelson Atkins Museum
- Friday, February 23 – Grandparents Day Celebration, 12:30-2:30 pm; Chapel @ 2:30 pm
- Saturday, February 24 -GALA, 6-10 pm, Ritz Charles
- Wednesday, February 28 – chapel led by 4th grade @ 9:15 am
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2017-18:
The basic theme is KINDNESS, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .