Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Wednesday, February 1 – Chapel, Preschool shares the message, 9:15 am
- Thursday, February 3 through Sunday, February 5 – KCLAL 5th/6th grade league basketball tournament (check with school office for specific game times) – location is Timothy Lutheran School, 301 SW Wyatt Rd, Blue Springs, MO 64014
- Thursday, February 3 – 6th grade field trip to Nelson Art Museum
- Friday, February 10 – Chess Club, 3:30-4:30 pm; 7th grade field trip to Nelson Art Museum
- Friday, February 10-11, KCLAL 7th/8th grade league basketball tournament (check with school office for specific game times) – location is Calvary Lutheran School, 12411 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO 64145
- Wednesday, February 15 – Chapel, 7th grade shares the message, 9:15 am
- Thursday, February 16 through Monday, February 20 – No school, Winter Break
- Friday, February 17 through Saturday, February 18 – 7th/8th grade Topeka Lutheran Tournament (check with school office for specific game times) – location is Topeka Lutheran School, 701 Roosevelt Street, Topeka, KS, Topeka, KS 66606
- Tuesday, February 21 – 3rd grade field trip to Ernie Miller Nature Center; Staff Meeting, 4-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 22 – Chapel, Lutheran HS shares the message, 9:15 am
- Thursday, February 23 – Auditions for Talent Share, K-3rd grade at 4 pm; 4-8th grade at 5 pm
- Friday, February 24 – 3rd grade field trip to CYT
- Sunday, February 26 – K-8th grade singing at Christ Lutheran Church, 10:45 am service
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2016-17:
The basic theme is LOVE, HONOR, SERVE
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .