Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Monday, April 2 – No school, Easter Monday
- Tuesday, April 3 – 3rd grade field trip to one room schoolhouse
- Wednesday, April 4 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by Brent Howard
- Friday, April 6 – 7th grade field trip to KC Science Fair; Chess Club @ 3:30 pm
- Sunday, April 8 – Master’s Plan event at 12 pm @ CLC
- Monday, April 9 through Friday, April 13 – ITBS for students: lots of rest, lots of encouragement, healthy breakfast
- Wednesday, April 11 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by Pastor Suttle
- Friday, April 13 – Spirit Wear Day; Kindergarten field trip to the Nelson Art Museum; Science Night, 6-8:30 pm
- Saturday, April 14 – Track Meet @ SM North HS (all day); Master’s Plan event at 6:15 pm @ CLC
- Sunday, April 15 – Master’s Plan event at 9:30 am @ CLC
- Monday, April 16 – Blood Drive @ CLC, 3-7 pm
- Tuesday, April 17 – Faculty Meeting, 4-5:30 pm; PTO Board Meeting, 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 18 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by DCE Korey Danley, HS Ministry Director; Master’s Plan event 6:15 pm @ CLC
- Friday, April 20 – New Griffins Kindergarten Round Up, 9-10:30 am; Usborne Book Fair in library all day; Algebra and Geometry students field trip to Garmin, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday, April 21 – Track Meet @ Higginsville HS (all day)
- Sunday, April 22 – Master’s Plan event at 9:30 am and 12 pm @ CLC
- Sunday, April 22 through Thursday, April 26 – 8th grade class trip to Washington, D.C.
- Wednesday, April 25 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by CLEEC (preschool)
- Thursday, April 26 – 5th grade wax museum in Commons, 12:30 – 3:30 pm
- Friday, April 27 – 6th grade field trip to Nelson Art Museum, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday, April 28 – Track Meet for Lutheran HS @ Center HS (all day)
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – Principal
Theme for 2017-18:
The basic theme is KINDNESS, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .