Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Friday, December 1 – Chess Club @ 3:30 pm; BB vs. Maranatha Christian Academy, OKUN Field House
- Wednesday, December 6 – chapel led by 6th grade @ 9:15 am
- Thursday, December 7 – 8th grade to serve at Metro Lutheran Ministries Christmas store
- Monday, December 10 – CLS Spirit Day @ Old Town Pizza, 149th and Metcalf
- Wednesday, December 11 – chapel led by 1st grade @ 9:15 am
- Friday, December 15 – Spirit Wear Day; Basketball / Cheer vs. Christ Prep Academy (4:30-8:30 pm), 15700 W 87th St, Lenexa, KS 66219
- Monday, December 18 – Basketball / Cheer vs. Heritage Christian Academy (5-9 pm), 9333 W. 159th St., OP, KS 66221 – This will be CLS alumni night!
- Tuesday, December 19 – Band and Orchestra Concert in the auditorium @ 7 pm
- Wednesday, December 20 – Christmas chapel @ 11 am; dismissal @ 12 pm
- Thursday, December 21 – Wednesday, January 3, no school, Christmas holiday break
- Thursday, January 4 – school resumes
- Friday, January 5 – Chess Club, 3:30-4:30 pm; Basketball vs. Timothy (6-10 pm), 301 SW Wyatt Road, Blue Springs, MO 64014
- Saturday, January 6 – Basketball vs. Calvary (9 am-1 pm), 12411 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64145
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2017-18:
The basic theme is KINDNESS, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .