Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Wednesday, May 3 – Chapel, 5th grade shares the message, 9:15 am; 8th grade Toga party with Mrs. Cardwell
- Thursday, May 4 – 4th grade, Day at the K including weather presentation and Royals’ game; Band and Orchestra Concert in the auditorium at 7 pm
- Friday, May 5 – 2nd grade Mothers’ Tea at 10 am; Chess Club, 3:30-4:30 pm
- Saturday, May 6 – Lutheran HS track meet (all day)
- Monday, May 8 through Friday, May 12 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- Wednesday, May 10 – Chapel, Mrs. Cardwell shares the message, 9:15 am
- Wednesday, May 17 – Chapel, 8th grade shares the message, 9:15 am
- Friday, May 19 – Field Day in the afternoon
- Saturday, May 20 – Mrs. Thaete’s retirement reception at 6 pm here at Christ Lutheran Church
- Wednesday, May 24 – 8th grade graduation service in the worship area at 6:30 pm
- Thursday, May 25 – 5th-7th grade cook out for lunch; Kindergarten graduation in the auditorium at 6:30 pm
- Friday, May 26 – Awards ceremony and closing chapel in the worship area beginning at 9:30 am; dismissal at noon as this is the last day of the 2016-17 school year
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – principal
Theme for 2016-17:
The basic theme is LOVE, HONOR, SERVE
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .