Greetings CLS Families!
Here are several items to include on your calendar:
- Wednesday, May 2 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by Mr. Grein, 8th grade teacher
- Thursday, May 3 – 4th grade School Day at the K
- Friday, May 4 – 2nd grade Mothers’ Tea; Chess Club @ 3:30 pm
- Saturday, May 5 – 8th grade confirmation, “What Jesus Means To Me” speeches at 5 pm
- Monday, May 7 through Friday, May 11 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 8 – Fine Arts Festival at 6:30 pm in the worship area
- Wednesday, May 9 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by Mrs. Cardwell, Art and Latin teacher
- Friday, May 11 – Griffin Chapel Families project (kite making); All-school field trip to see CYT performance of “The Lion King, Jr.”
- Monday, May 14 – K and 4th grade reading buddies to the KC Zoo
- Wednesday, May 16 – Chapel @ 9:15 am led by the 8th grade class
- Thursday, May 17 – 1st grade field trip to Firehouse; 7th/8th grade Shakespeare Day at 2 pm
- Friday, May 18 – CLS Field Day all afternoon
- Monday, May 21 – 1st grade field trip to Deanna Rose Farmstead
- Wednesday, May 23 – 8th grade graduation service at 6:30 pm in the worship area
- Thursday, May 24 – 5th-7th grade picnic at 12 pm; Kindergarten graduation at 2 pm in the auditorium
- Friday, May 25 – Awards Ceremony at 9:30 am in the worship area; closing chapel at 11 am in the worship area; dismissal at noon
In His Grip,
Steve Vandemark – Principal
Theme for 2017-18:
The basic theme is KINDNESS, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!
Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.
Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.
Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time – We are here for you and your child!
Equipping the future generation of Christian leaders . . .